Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Beginning

Mitch recalls that we started up in Fall, 1985, and that Oscar had already been rehearsing the rhythm section before the horn players joined up.

Apparently Mordecai was recruiting players and roped in Curt and Mitch at the same time. It seems to me I came in after Mitch.

Mark Dziuba reportedly played the first gig on afr. drums, a happy hour at Nature's Table, then left because the band was too loud.

I don't remember this gig, I'm not sure if I was involved or not.

Who remembers more details on how the band formed up?

3 Comments:

Blogger JH said...

Funny how it all comes together.

I hope we can connect with Moody, he can fill in some blanks here.

11:03 AM  
Blogger JH said...

Do we recall how long it was before Oscar changed the name of the band to Bontuku?

Mouse's copies of all the artwork should give us some clews....the dates will pin things down.

11:10 AM  
Blogger JH said...

Okay, here's another name. Vicki Alexander?

She lists herself as having played with "African Highlife Dance Band" and "Oscar Sulley".

I remember Vicki from the Nature's Table days, but I don't keenly recall her playing with us. Anyone else?

Here's the link to her resume in case her face rings a bell (that's the punchline to a joke, by the way):

http://dreamsingerharps.com/vickisresume.html

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home